FOR OPERATION OF ALL BRANDS OF HYDRAULIC TORQUE TOOLS
HARD HAT • SAFETY GLOVES • GOGGLES • STEEL-TOE BOOTS • EAR PLUGS • NO LOOSE CLOTHING. IF AT ALL FEASIBLE STAY DISTANT FROM TOOL UNDER PRESSURE OR HOLD HANDLE IN A SAFE POSITION! !!! UNLESS THERE IS CLEAR COMMUNICATION – TOOL OPERATOR OPERATES PUMP !!! Pressurize tool on the ground and cycle it several times at maximum pressure to check too, hoses and pump for function and leaks. Replace hose and fix tool or pump in case of leak or functioning irregularities prior to use. Check tool and reaction arm for cracks and badly worn areas and replace if so. Check socket for cracks and badly worn areas and replace if so. Check backup wrench for cracks and badly worn areas and replace if so. PLEASE STAY DISTANT FROM TOOL HOSES AND PUMP DURING SAFETY TEST.
- Never hold the tool on connectors or swivel during operation!
- Never place the tool on job without partially disconnecting both hoses when pump operator is out of sight.
- Never use leaking tools or hoses!
- Never have your face close to the socket during operation!
- Never place your hand on reaction arm or swivel when pump is operating!
- Never place your hand on operating tool if not absolutely necessary!
- Never use altered, heavily used, damaged or chrome sockets!
- ALWAYS…Always use caution and common sense.
TORQUE TOOL SETUP
Assure tight screw-connectors (without gap). Set required pump pressure with tool connected. Firmly connect socket to drive. FOR TOOL SETUP Loosen screw connectors half a turn if pump operator is distant from job to avoid inadvertent startup while handling the tool. Re tighten thereafter.
REACTION ARM SETTING
The reaction arm of the tool should be placed in the same direction as the drive. Whenever possible so as to about firmly against the adjacent nut or the casing. Please test by placing tool on the nut, apply pressure to make sure reaction is firm and tool does not rise. If it does, reset the reaction arm.
On vertical or inverted applications, please hold tool so that even if there is a failure of tool or socket that you are out of harm’s way. On horizontal applications, take hands-off when tool is in use! Request supplier to give you a free user training prior to first use!